Dexion delivers storage solution for heavy duty, extra long items
With no front uprights to impede access, Dexion’s state-of-the-art Heavy Duty Cantilever enables fast and direct retrieval of stored products. It is designed to accommodate items that cannot be palletised and also boasts a hot dip galvanised option making it ideal for outdoor applications.
The Clearspan Heavy Duty Cantilever can be used across a variety of industries, including aluminium fabricators, steel and timber merchants, plumbing and hardware suppliers, furniture wholesalers and garden suppliers.
Designed and tested in accordance with strict industry codes and standards, Dexion’s Clearspan Heavy Duty Cantilever offers a unique and comprehensive storage solution for heavy duty items. Unlike any other product currently available in the market, the Cantilever is equipped with columns that are bolted to both sides of either single or double entry bases and in addition are directly anchored to the concrete floor via a heavy duty baseplate and heavy duty stud anchors. This dual fixing arrangement provides maximum base fixity, which minimises the rotation and overall deflection of the column and also provides greater resistance to fork truck impact.
The Dexion Clearspan Cantilever also uses a rectangular hollow section for the arms, rather than the commonly used open section, these hollow sections provide additional torsional stability of every arm resulting in a more robust product.
Other unique features include:
• A pivoting arm design that allows the arm to shift upwards if impact occurs during loading and unloading. This protects the arm above from damage and prevents structural damage to the system.
• An optional removable spigot, which acts as a retaining stop for storage of loose items such as a conduit or pipe.
• Arm locking pins that are used to restrain the arm onto the column. A lynch pin is used as a safety lock to secure the arm and locking pin to the column.
• Turnbuckle bracing for lateral stability. It also allows for the re-adjustment of the structure if required.
• Flexible loading – the Cantilever can be loaded using a side loader or by conventional handling equipment.
• Hot dip galvanised components, which are available for use in outdoor applications. The Cantilever is protected from exposure to elements.
• Provision of professional engineering services to design unique loading regimes including specific seismic and wind load conditions.
A range of accessories are also available, including deck support brackets to store awkward bulky items such as furniture or white goods; or tube support channels for long materials such as extrusions that bend or sag.
The Dexion Clearspan Heavy Duty Cantilever is available now.